The first to put GPS on runners' wrists just tipped off a whole new race. With a touch, tap or swipe, Forerunner 610 lets you get on with your run while it tracks all the details.
A Touch Faster
Forerunner 610 gives you several ways to get in touch with your training data. The swipe and scroll action makes it easy to adjust settings, review your run history and more. A quick tap of the screen is all it takes to advance to the next training page so you can see more data.
The 610’s sleek touchscreen is as rugged as it is functional, proving it’s more than just a pretty face. The 610 can stand up to rain, sweat and splashes, yet it’s sensitive enough that you can operate it with running gloves.
Leader of the Pack
Behind that smooth glass surface is a watch that’s ready to work as hard as you are. The 610 provides accurate distance, pace, GPS position, heart rate¹, calories and more. It can even guide you back to the starting point of your run, giving you the freedom to explore new routes and always find your way back.
Training tools like the new Virtual Racer™ can turn any workout into a virtual matchup. This feature lets you race your previous bests or challenge any activities uploaded to our Garmin Connect™ site. Virtual Racer accounts for varying speeds and real-time conditions, so it’s truly you vs. your opponent. Or, use the Virtual Partner® function and see how you measure up to a static pace you set. Forerunner 610 also offers vibration alerts, which you can customize for time, distance, calories, heart rate or cadence. So, when you reach your targets, you’ll feel a gentle vibration.
It’s time for a sport watch that can help you train smarter, not harder, and the 610 can do just that. It’s our first sport watch with the Training Effect capability from Firstbeat. Training Effect measures the impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness, which essentially helps you train more efficiently. Your Training Effect is calculated based on your user profile, your heart rate and the difficulty of the activity. The 610 also offers customizable heart rate zones, alerts and heart-rate based calorie computations.
Store, Analyze and Share
When your workout’s done, Forerunner 610 keeps working. It wirelessly uploads your run data to our Garmin Connect™ site when in range of your computer so you can go back and review your run on your own time. It works via ANT+™ wireless technology and the USB stick that comes with your watch. No wires, no manual uploads, no sweat. At Garmin Connect you can see your activity on a map, view lap splits and explore activities from other users. Garmin Connect is Mac® and PC compatible.
¹Included with some models, sold separately on others.
Physical & Performance:
· Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 1.80" x 2.50" x 0.56" (4.57 x 6.35 x 1.42 cm)
· Display size, WxH:1.0" (2.54 cm) diameter
· Display resolution, WxH: 128 x 128 pixels
· Touchscreen: yes
· Weight: 2.54 oz (72 g)
· Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
· Battery life: 4 weeks in power save mode; 8 hours in training mode
· Water resistant: yes (IPX7)
· GPS-enabled: yes
· High-sensitivity receiver: yes
Maps and Memory:
· Ability to add maps: no
· Accepts data cards: no
· History: 1000 laps
· Waypoints/favorites/locations: 100
· Routes: 0
Features and Benefits:
· Heart rate monitor:yes (some versions)
· Bike speed/cadence sensor: yes (optional)
· Foot pod: yes (optional)
· Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer): yes
· Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): yes
· Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person): yes
· Virtual Racer™ (compete against other activities): no
· Courses (compete against previous activities):no
· Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed): yes
· Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap):yes
· Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout): yes
· Multi-sport (changes sport mode with a press of a button): no
· Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts):yes
· Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace): yes (for advanced workouts only)
· Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal):yes
· Vibration alert: (choose between alert tones and/or vibration alert): yes
· Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals): yes
· Heart rate-based calorie computation: yes
· Swim metrics (stroke type, stroke count and pool lengths): no
· Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness): yes
· Customizable screen(s):yes
· Barometric altimeter: no
· Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): no
· Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+™-enabled power meters): no
· Temperature (displays and records temperature while you ride): no
· Shock Resistant: yes
· Sport watch: yes
· Watch functions include date and alarm.
· Garmin Connect and Garmin Training Center are compatible with Windows® XP or newer and Intel-based Mac OS 10.4.11 or later with Safari.
In the Box:
Heart Rate Monitor Version
Premium heart rate monitor
USB ANT Stick™