Commonly bought together with
Characteristics Garmin Edge 520
GPS Bike Computer that Helps You Compete and Compare
· Offers in-ride challenges through Strava live segments
· Reports cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time when used with power and heart rate
· Pairs with compatible ANT+® indoor trainers for data display and control
· Tracks Functional Threshold Power (FTP), watts/kg and cycling dynamics when used with Vector™ or Vector 2 power meters
· Connected features¹: automatic uploads, live tracking, smart notifications, send/receive courses, social media sharing, weather
Here’s Your Competitive Edge
We started with the aerodynamic form factor of the popular Edge 500, added in-ride challenges on Strava live segments, colour display, connected capabilities and advanced analysis features. The result — Edge 520, the GPS bike computer that’s right-sized for competitive cyclists and packed with the features you crave.
Prove Your Edge
Edge 520 is the first bike computer that’s compatible with Strava live segments and includes a 3-month trial of Strava Premium. With this membership, your starred Strava segments automatically sync with the 520 for live feedback during your ride. You’ll also get alerts for segment start and finish and leaderboard rankings once you complete the segment.
Train on the Edge
Need some motivation to get through those lonely miles on the indoor trainer? Edge 520 delivers with a suite of training capabilities when paired with compatible ANT+ indoor trainers. Let’s say you want to train at an average power of 240 watts. Just set the target on Edge 520, start pedalling, and the trainer will automatically adjust to keep you at your target while the 520 shows your stats. You can also follow a course that you or another rider created and literally race the recorded stats, with the trainer adjusting resistance to match the elevation profile.
Pair it with a power meter and Edge 520 offers an additional set of features, like FTP and watts/kg tracking, so you can compare yourself to others, as well as cycling dynamics². A built-in FTP test helps you establish your baseline either on the trainer or on the road. Add heart rate³ and the 520 can derive your VO2 max estimate and post-ride recovery time, which indicates how long before you should attempt another hard effort.
Edge 520 compromises nothing when it comes to display — 2.3 inches of high resolution colour. We maximised the display so you get the most live area in relation to the compact size of the 520. You’ll also appreciate the screen clarity in all lighting conditions.
The Connected Bike
Edge 520 is compatible with ANT+ sensors, including Varia™ bike radar and lights4, speed, cadence, heart rate, Edge and VIRB® remotes and compatible weight scales. It also integrates with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems5 to display your current gear on the screen. Edge 520 is also compatible with ANT+ power meters, including the Vector series.
When paired with your compatible phone and the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app, Edge 520 offers live tracking, smartphone alerts, social media sharing, weather and wireless uploads. Once your ride is complete, the data can be automatically sent to Garmin Connect™, our online community where you can save, plan and share your rides.
Off the Beaten Path
The compact, rugged form factor and up to 15 hour battery life of Edge 520 make it ideal for off-road adventures. It’s also compatible with GPS and GLONASS satellites, so you benefit from more signal options, wherever your ride takes you.
¹When paired with a compatible phone.
²When used with Vector or Vector 2 power meter.
³Included with some models, sold separately on others.
4With future software update.
5Compatible with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems with Shimano D-Fly Data Management function.
Physical & Performance
· Physical dimensions: 4.9 x 7.3 x 2.1 cm
· Display size, WxH: 3.5 x 4.7 cm
· Display resolution, WxH: 200 x 265 pixels
· Color display
· Weight: 60 g
· Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
· Battery life: Up to 15 hours
· Water rating: IPX7
· High-sensitivity receiver
· Barometric altimeter
· Smart notifications (displays email, text and other alerts when paired with your compatible phone)
Maps & Memory
· Waypoints/favorites/locations: 200
· Routes: 0
· History: Up to 180 hours
· Compatible with Vector™
· Bike speed/cadence sensor: Yes (optional)
· Heart rate monitor: Yes (optional)
· Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person)
· Courses (compete against previous activities)
· Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)
· Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap)
· Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout)
· Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts)
· Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal)
· Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)
· Heart rate-based calorie computation
· Customizable screen(s)
· Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+™-enabled power meters): Yes (records data approx. 1 per second)
· Temperature (displays and records temperature while you ride)
· Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
· Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer)
· Compatible with Varia™ bike radar and lights: Yes
· Edge® remote compatibility: Yes
· LiveTrack: Yes
· Advanced performance and power analysis, including new Time in Zone, FTP tracking, cycling-specific VO2 and recovery and cycling dynamics
· Bike trainer profile for compatible Turbo trainer data display and control
· On-device segment compatibility for dynamic and engaging in-ride competition
· Operating temperature: -20°C to +55°C
· Connected features via a smartphone: Yes
· Compatible with Garmin Connect™ and Garmin Connect™ Mobile: Yes
· Compatible with VIRB® action cameras: Yes
· Integration with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting: Yes
· Weather alerts: Yes
· Preloaded Garmin cycling map: No
· Wi-Fi® compatible: No
· Round-trip routing: No
· Route planner: No
¹ Advanced workouts require a Garmin Connect account
In the Box
· Edge 520
· Mounts (standard and extended out-front)
· USB cable
Comparative Garmin Edge 520
Shipping Garmin Edge 520
For all products stating "delivery: 1 working day" at fitnessdigital, normal delivery is the next working day. (occasionnaly 2 working days depending on the destination). Orders for 1 working day delivery must be placed by 13:30 from Monday to Friday. Orders are delivered on working days only from Monday to Friday.
At fitnessdigital we seek complete satisfaction for our clients and we know that delivery charges are an inconvenience and therefore fitnessdigital offers free delivery for orders over £200. On orders up to £50 delivery costs are £7.99 and between £50 and £200 the delivery costs are £3.99. The shopping basket automatically updates the delivery costs. At fitnessdigital we also take great care over the delivery and always do everything possible to ensure that the delivery times are respected. For this reason we work with transport leaders such as TNT, DHL, DACHSER, DPD or UPS.
- Please note that if you order more than one product, you might receive them on different days and/or with different transport companies; in this case too we do our very best to respect delivery time of all the products ordered.
- The transport carriers will deliver to the ground floor entrance of the building or property. Delivery does not include taking the merchandise up to a first floor nor does it include installment.
Not at home for the delivery? If an attempt at delivery is made and there is no one at home, the transport company will leave you a note instructing you to contact them so that you can confirm a new delivery date. When the transport company delivers the goods, please check the following:
- That the number of packages coincides with the number indicated on the delivery note. If the number of packages does not coincide, please note this on the delivery note before signing for the delivery.
- That the packaging does not show any signs of being misshapen or damaged. If you have any doubts, make a note on the delivery note about the appearance of the packages and get in touch with us.
- 2 years
***If the warranty is longer than two years, it will be shown in the product description.
FitnessDigital.com is an official distributor, therefore we can
- The product is new
- The product comes in its original packaging
- As we are official distributors, we offer after sales service for all the products of this brand
Dr. Min Kao co-founded Garmin Corporation with Gary Burrell in October 1989 to integrate Global Positioning System (GPS) technology into navigation devices for multiple markets. Since its creation with 1,000 employees the company has grown and has now more than 9,200 associates in 35 offices worldwide. Garmin is a leading, worldwide provider of navigation and fitness products. They are committed to making superior products for automotive, aviation, marine, outdoor and sports that are an essential part of their customers? lives.
Garmin offers a wide range of products all over the world. Their user-friendly products are not only sought after for their compelling design, superior quality and best value, but they also have innovative features that enhance the lives of their customers. Garmin GPS solutions are a key part of today?s most useful, versatile and cost-efficient fleet monitoring solutions. With Garmin on your side, drivers and dispatchers work together to improve customer response and optimize fleet resources to achieve lower costs and higher profits.
Payment methods Garmin Edge 520
Bank TransferNo surcharge
Your order will be sent upon receipt of a transfer of the full amount. Your order will be sent when completed. All transfers must be made in £.
Credit cardNo surcharge
Pay securely with the following credit cards: VISA, VISA Electron or Mastercard
If you have a credit card that allows you to purchase in internet, and you have a code or password that allows you to pay on-line, this is a good and comfortbale way to pay for you. Payment on-line method that your order will be paid for right after checkout, and is therefore very fast. fitnessdigital.co.uk is 100% secure. We guarantee the safety of your credit card information. All credit card information is handled with the utmost security and will never be released to any other organisation under any circumstance.
Your order will be sent upon receipt of the PayPal confirmation of payment of the full amount. What is PayPal?
fitnessdigital could sometimes ask a customer to use a certain payment methods ( for instance if the information given to us is not complete or seems to include false information). This could be the case when we are not able to properly identify who the customer is. We could sometimes ask for specially added documents as well, in order to prove payment
Delivery costs, delivery time and terms and conditions for free delivery are the same for all payment methods
Ask the expert about Garmin Edge 520
User reviews about Garmin Edge 520
Tell us what you think!